Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My Favorite Makeup Brushes

Here are my favorite brushes....and they're all cheap!
From top to bottom:

1. ELF studio powder brush- It is antibacterial, synthetic haired takalon brush. It is very dense and very soft. I've washed it several times and it has yet to shed a single hair. It is great for buffing in powder or liquid foundation. Vegan and cruelty free. Available at http://www.eyeslipsface.com/ $3

2. Everyday Minerals long handled kabuki- A synthetic haired brush that is dense and soft. Also great for buffing in powder or liquid foundation. Vegan and cruelty free. Available at http://www.everydayminerals.com/ $12

3. I believe the brand is Studio Basics- it is a eye blending brush at one end and a pencil brush at the other. I think these are synthetic. The blending brush is good for blending out eyeshadow or applying a wash of color to the lid. It can also be used to apply and blend concealer which is how I use it. The pencil brush end can be used to apply shadow to the outer V or to smudge shadow or liner in the lash line. I bought this in a set at Walmart. I don't know if they still carry it or not. I'm sure the set was under $10.


4. ELF essetails eye shadow brush- This is the perfect brush for packing on shadow to the eyelid. Available at www.eyeslipsface.com $1

5. Mary Kay eye crease brush- This brush is the perfect size for my eye crease. I like it to apply color and also blending it out. It came in a brush set that I got as a free gift. You cannot buy this brush seperately. The set is available at www.marykay.com or through your Mary Kay represenative. The set is $48

6. Coastal Scents small oval eye detail brush- I love using this brush to apply shadow to my inner corner, it is the perfect size! I also got this one in a set.  This is the set I got at www.coastalscents.com it is origanlly $39 but I'm sure I got it on sale.


These are all brushes that I've accumulated over time. If you are in the market for brushes I suggest looking at ELF or Coastal Scents for inexpensive brushes that will get the job done!

Thanks for reading and have a great day! :)

2 comments:

Kassi said...

I need to get better about using appropriate brushes, rather than ones that break! Thanks for the suggestions!

Kelly Crookston said...

Great Post!
I totally agree, I have that Studio Basics brush. I also got it a while ago & cant remember where and how much but its good. You can use it for a lot of different things. I also love the elf eye shadow brush, I have 2 of them. I need to try the other elf brush for $3. I haven't seen it at Target. 

Kelly
xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...