Friday, June 22, 2012

Summer Reading List

Hi, my name is Jaimee and I have a reading problem....

Have I told you about my love for reading? As long as I can remember, I've loved to read. From the Little Golden Books to a big book of fairy tails I had, to The Babysitters Club and Goosebumps. My mom's VC Andrews books and Jane AustenReading has always been a favorite hobby of mine.  I typically read 2-3 books per month (in addition to all the magazines and blogs I read). I tend to gravitate to more romantic books. I also enjoy mysteries, crime dramas, young adult, inspirational, adventure, classics... 

With summer now in full force, I thought it'd be fun to compile a summer reading list for myself. I had a few books in mind already and from there I just browsed on Amazon. I created a summer reading list board on pinterest to house my list.  A few books I'll be reading this summer:





Gone Girl: A Novel

I'm very excited to get started with my list! I just finished Mockingjay. I really enjoyed the Hunger Games trilogy. It was nice to read a young adult novel with a strong female lead. Katniss had her struggles and her flaws, but ultimately she was a strong young woman who fought for herself, not the affections of a boy.
 To see the rest of my list take a look at my board on Pinterest. I'd love to have you follow along reading with me! In addition to my own reading list, I am also participating in a blog book club created by the lovely Katlyn over at The Dreamy Medow. Right now the book is 50 Shades of Grey. I'll have more info on Bloggy Book Club and my responses to the groups questions about the much talked about book, 50 Shades of Grey on Monday! 

What books are on your must read list? Do I need to add any to mine? 

5 comments:

Sarah Hartley said...

I need to start my own reading list for the summer. It's so much fun to just unwind with a good book (and a glass of wine).

Unknown said...

I read a lot too. I finished the trilogy of Fifty Shades of Grey in a month's time. Loved it. Same happened for the Twilight book, 3 in 3 weeks, and the hunger games too a little longer, just because they were good but not expectionally good, you know what I mean?
I'm trying to find a great book now again....

If Curves Could Talk (Stefanie) said...

Im barley making a list of my books I want to read

tiff@thecoffeehouse said...

I wish I had a reading problem.
does reading blogs count?
because then I have a BIG problem.

Angela said...

I just started reading fifty shades of grey! It's quite captivating.

Would appreciate if you follow back
notanobession.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...