Thursday, September 29, 2011

Product Review: L'oreal Sublime Mousse Haircolor

Today I am coloring my hair using the L'oreal Sublime Mousse haircolor. I'm using number 56 auburn brown. The kit comes with: Liquid to mousse colorant, devoloper, foaming pump, healthy shine conditioner, and gloves. I didn't set out to try a foaming haircolor. I just really liked this color! I color my hair using boxed kits about 3 or 4 times a year.. This is my first time using a foam.





Preparation- You prepare this just like a regular at home hair color kit. You mix the colorant and developer together in the bottle. A difference with the foaming color is you don't shake to mix the colorant and developer. Instead you are supposed to swirl the bottle to mix.

Application- This product claims to be "as easy to apply as a shampoo". I did not find this to be true. The product did not come out as a firm mousse like I was expecting. I expected something like styling mousse. This was a very loose mousse (ha!) . It reminds me of foam from a cappuccino. Because of this, the color was very messy to apply. The instructions said to pump color into your hand and then massage it onto you hair. I did not find this easier to apply than traditional at home hair color.

Results-
no flash

flash
I am very happy with how the color turned out. I feel like I got an even application. The color looks different depending on how the light hits it. It looks almost purple in some lights, which I really like.



Verdict- I might repurchase this haircolor. Although it was messy, the application was even and I really like this color. When it is time to touch up, if I can't find a similar color I will use this one again.
Have you tried this product? What was your experience?
Thanks for reading!
xoxo, J

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...